In Basics there are a ton of settings that customizes how SpaBoom works for you, particularly Instant Gift Certificates.
For example, the phone number and web address from Basics are used when GCs are printed. The tax rate will be used to calculate tax on GC sales, if any. And, types of CCs you accept and how to process those CC are controlled from this screen.
Instant Gift Certificates
- Default GC Type and Online GC Type: You don't need to change these unless you get fancy with creating new GC Types.
- Barcode on GCs is important if you're going to read GCs at the front desk with a barcode reader. If you're using a POS system, select GC ID, otherwise stay with Secure ID. Note that some bar code scanners have trouble reading GC IDs which are 4 digits or less.
- GC ID prefix will put whatever you desire in front of the GC ID printed on the GC (and include it in the barcode, if the GC ID is what you’ve selected for “Barcode on GCs”). This is great when you’re tracking your Instant Gift Certificates in a spa management system like Millennium.
- For dollar amount GCs, set the minimum and maximum that you’ll sell.
- “Require recipient’s first and last name” adds Recipient First Name and Last Name to Instant GCs, in addition to “To”. You should only turn this on if it’s a problem for you in finding GCs by recipient, since it requires a little more work out of your purchasers.
- “Provide mail delivery option” may sound like a strange feature, as it takes the “Instant” part out of “Instant Gift Certificates”. But, if you want to provide your clients with a mail option, you’ve now got a super-easy way to do it. You can also enter a “Mail surcharge” and customize the description of the mail option.
- Create custom legalese on GCs with “GC Fine Print”. Anything really important you want on your GCs, you’ve now got the perfect place for it. The default is “Appointments are subject to our cancellation policy,” but you can make it anything you want.
Additional SettingsDo you need to charge taxes?